- INTL TAX
- CORP LAWS
- Income Tax
- Service Tax
TIOL is happy to announce the launch of a New Column 'As I See It' by Industry veteran and Former Taxation Head of Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd., Mr R Sridhar. He is a Chartered Accountant and has fruitfully spent over 30 years in the industry, particularly in the Food & Beverages segment, in various capacities. He also had stints with GSK and Britannia. Though he is extremely passionate about Indirect Tax, he also has a craving for the Direct Taxes, not to mention International taxation.
TIOL is certain that Netizens who have watched him doling out his Gyan on TIOL Tube would wholeheartedly welcome him in this new role and would also feed him with vital inputs about industry-specific issues so that he can articulate them in his Column.
We also hope that this Column would be greeted by the policy makers for a new shade of opinion and also for technical inputs which may shape up the contours of future policies.
The First Leaf of the Column will be live in the first week of June, 2019.
For suggestions and inputs you may like to email us at email@example.com
GST FOR CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
by G Natarajan, Published by OakBridge, MRP : Rs 795
The author of the book titled 'GST For Construction Industry' is a veteran in the domain of indirect taxation. He is known for his uncanny ability to come up with problem areas which often escape the mind of policy makers. In this book he has mapped virtually the entire length and breadth of the canvas of real estate sector; talked about tricky transactions and also possible solutions within the four walls of the law and also the piquant situations which the law fails to address and that may result in litigation. He has been nicely introduced by noted jurist Arvind P Datar and Justice T S Sivagnanam, Judge of Madras HC. It is a timely compilation and highly recommended problem solving book for the developers and their consultants and advocates and also policy makers.
- DRI seizes about 18 kg gold worth Rs 5.8 Cr smuggled from Bangladesh
- Swearing-in ceremony for NDA Govt scheduled for May 30 at 7 pm
- Arun Jaitley recovering well but will continue to remain away from camera for some time
- Peru struck by strong tremors of earthquake measuring 7.5 on Richter Scale
- DRI nabs 6 Pakistani nationals; seizes 218 kg of heroin from vessel 'Al-Madina' at Jakhau Port
- FICCI urges Govt to reduce interest rate to help exporters to take advantage of US-China trade war
- Govt puts import of biofuels under restricted category
- Vadodara GST Commissionerate arrests two persons in ITC misuse case
- CBIC launches e-learning platform, Samarth; NACIN puts 27 modules and 7 from DG Systems online
- President appoints Modi to office of Prime Minister; mandates him to suggest names for Union Council
- GST - During pre-GST period, ratio of ITC to taxable turnover was 0.61% and during post GST it is 3.45% - net benefit of 2.84% of ITC since not passed is profiteered amount: NAA
- CBDT releases list of budget targets; Bangalore & Pune rise in ranks
- CX - Refund - Date of payment of duty should be taken as relevant date u/s 11B of CEA and not date of invoice: CESTAT
- Modi thanks PMO staff for efficient support
- ST - CA certifying that assessee had not repatriated any foreign currency during relevant period - therefore, there is no tax liability: CESTAT
- IAF aircraft certified to fly on bio-fuel
- CX - CENVAT - Statement of transporter is a crucial evidence which is required to be examined in terms of s. 9D of CEA, 1944 - matter remanded: CESTAT
- Disallowance u/s 40A(2)(b) cannot be made where AO assumes that assessee ought to have earned income rather than incurring expenses: ITAT
- Stay granted on recovery of demand merits extension where delay in disposal of appeal is not attributed to assessee: ITAT
- RBI revises directions on Voluntary Retention Route for FPIs
- CBIC enables Customs to launch prosecution in certain cases immediately after issuing SCN
- Over 13 children killed in major fire in Surat
- FANI fall-out - CBDT extends due date for TDS for Odisha from June 15 to July 15, 2019
|Income Tax||Customs||Excise||Service Tax||FEMA||DGFT||SEZ||Misc||Pitara||Budget|