THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
THE CONSTITUTION (EIGHTY-SIXTH AMENDMENT) ACT, 2002
[12th December, 2002]
An Act further to amend the Constitution of India.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-third year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement:-
(1) This Act may be called the Constitution (Eighty-sixth Amendment) Act, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force on such date* as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. Insertion of new article 21A:-
After article 21 of the Constitution, the following article shall be inserted, namely:--
3. Substitution of new article for article 45:-
For article 45 of the Constitution, the following article shall be substituted, namely:--
4. Amendment of article 51A:-
In article 51A of the Constitution, after clause (j), the following clause shall be added, namely:--