- IGST (Rates) Notification
- UTGST Circular
- UTGST (Rules) Notification
- UTGST (Rates) Notification
- SGST Circular
- Cess Circulars
- Compensation Cess (Rules) Notification
- Compensation Cess (Rates) Notification
- CGST (Rates) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rules) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rates) Notification
- IGST Circulars
- IGST (Rules) Notification
- CGST Circular
- CGST (Rules) Notification
Dated: July 4, 2017
Subject: Impact Of GST on unsold stock of pre-packaged commodities-reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the above mentioned subject and to state that in exercise of the powers Conferred by rule 33(1) of the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011, the Central Government hereby permits the manufacturers or packers or importers of pre-packaged commodities to declare the changed retail sale price (MRP) on the unsold stock manufactured/ packed/ imported prior to 1st July, 2017 after inclusion of the increased amount of tax due to GST if any, in addition to the existing retail sale price (MRP), for three months w.e.f. 1st July 2017 to 30th September, 2017. Declaration of the changed retail sale price (MRP) shall be made by way of stamping or putting sticker or online printing, as the case may be, after complying with the following conditions:
2. Further, it is clarified that under sub-rule (3) of rule 6 of the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011 "for reducing the Maximum Retail Price (MRP), a sticker with the revised lower MRP (inclusive of all taxes) may be affixed and the same shall not cover the MRP declaration made by the manufacturer or the packer or importer, as the case may be, on the label of the package".
3. It is also clarified that any packaging material or wrapper which could not be exhausted by the manufacturer or packer or importer prior to 1st July, 2017, may be used for packing of material upto 30th September, 2017 or till such date the packing material or wrapper is exhausted, whichever is earlier, after making corrections required in retail sale price (MRP) on account of implementation of G.S.T. by way of stamping or putting sticker or online printing.
B N Dixit