- IGST (Rates) Notification
- UTGST Circular
- UTGST (Rules) Notification
- UTGST (Rates) Notification
- SGST Circular
- Cess Circulars
- Compensation Cess (Rules) Notification
- Compensation Cess (Rates) Notification
- CGST (Rates) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rules) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rates) Notification
- IGST Circulars
- IGST (Rules) Notification
- CGST Circular
- CGST (Rules) Notification
[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
3/2019 - Compensation Cess (Rate); Dated: September 30, 2019
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (ii) of the proviso to sub-section (3) of section 54 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017) read with sub-section (2) of Section 9 of the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017, the Central Government, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby notifies the goods, the description of which is specified in column (3) of the Table below and falling under the tariff item, heading, sub-heading or Chapter, as the case may be, as specified in the corresponding entry in column (2) of the said Table, in respect of which no refund of unutilised input tax credit of compensation cess shall be allowed, where the credit has accumulated on account of rate of compensation cess on inputs being higher than the rate of compensation cess on the output supplies of such goods (other than nil rated or fully exempt supplies).
(1) In this Table, "tariff item", "sub-heading", "heading" and "Chapter" shall mean respectively a tariff item, sub-heading, heading or chapter, as specified in the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975).
(2) The rules for the interpretation of the First Schedule to the said Customs Tariff Act, 1975, including the Section and Chapter Notes and the General Explanatory Notes of the First Schedule shall, so far as may be, apply to the interpretation of this notification.