- IGST (Rates) Notification
- UTGST Circular
- UTGST (Rules) Notification
- UTGST (Rates) Notification
- SGST Circular
- Cess Circulars
- Compensation Cess (Rules) Notification
- Compensation Cess (Rates) Notification
- CGST (Rates) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rules) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rates) Notification
- IGST Circulars
- IGST (Rules) Notification
- CGST Circular
- CGST (Rules) Notification
OF LAW AND JUSTICE
THE PRODUCE CESS LAWS (ABOLITION) ACT, 2006
No. 46 OF 2006
Dated : September 25, 2006.
An Act to repeal the Agricultural Produce Cess Act, 1940 and the Produce Cess Act, 1966.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-seventh Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. This Act may be called the Produce Cess Laws (Abolition) Act, 2006.
Repeal of Act 27 of 1940.
2. The Agricultural Produce Cess Act, 1940 is hereby repealed.
Repeal of Act 15 of 1966.
3. The Produce Cess Act, 1966 is hereby repealed.
4. (1) The repeal by this Act of any enactment shall not,-
(2) The mention of particular matters in sub-section (1) shall not be held to prejudice or affect the general application of section 6 of the General Clauses Act, 1897, with regard to the effect of repeals. (10 of 1897)
Collection and payment of arrears of duties
5. Notwithstanding the repeal of the enactments specified in section 2 and section 3, the proceeds of duties levied under the said enactments immediately preceding the date on which the Produce Cess Laws (Abolition) Bill, 2006 receives the assent of the President,-