- IGST (Rates) Notification
- UTGST Circular
- UTGST (Rules) Notification
- UTGST (Rates) Notification
- SGST Circular
- Cess Circulars
- Compensation Cess (Rules) Notification
- Compensation Cess (Rates) Notification
- CGST (Rates) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rules) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rates) Notification
- IGST Circulars
- IGST (Rules) Notification
- CGST Circular
- CGST (Rules) Notification
Dated: April 26, 2011
Subject:- Payment of fee under the RTI Act by Indian Postal Order.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Right to information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005 provide that a person seeking information under the RTI Act, 2005 can make payment of fee for obtaining information by cash or demand draft or banker's cheque or Indian Postal Order. It has been brought to the notice of this Department that some public authorities do not accept fee through the Indian Postal Orders.
2. As stated above, one of the approved modes of payment of fee under the Rules is through Indian Postal Order. Refusal to accept fee through the IPO may be treated as refusal to accept the application. It may result into imposition of penalty by the Central Information Commission on the concerned Central Public Information Officer under Section 20 of the Act. All the public authorities should, therefore, ensure that payment of fee by IPO is not denied.
3. Contents of this OM may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
(K G Verma)