PAYMENT OF BONUS (AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE, 2007
Dated : October 27, 2007
Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 amended
OF LAW AND JUSTICE
THE PAYMENT OF BONUS (AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE, 2007
No 8 of 2007
Promulgated by the President in the Fifty-eighth Year of the Republic of India.
An Ordinance further to amend the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
WHEREAS Parliament is not in session and the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary for her to take immediate action;
Now, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of article 123 of the Constitution, the President is pleased to promulgate the following Ordinance : -
Short title and commencement.
1. (1) This Ordinance may be called the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Ordinance, 2007.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of April, 2006.
Amendment of Section 2
2. In section 2 of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), in clause (13), for the words "three thousand and five hundred rupees", the words "ten thousand rupees" shall be substituted. ( 21 of 1965)
Amendment of section 12
3. In section 12 of the principal Act, for the words "two thousand and five hundred rupees", in both the places where they occur, the words "three thousand and five hundred rupees" shall be substituted.
Amendment of section 32.
4. In section 32 of the Principal Act, clause (vi) shall be omitted.