- IGST (Rates) Notification
- UTGST Circular
- UTGST (Rules) Notification
- UTGST (Rates) Notification
- SGST Circular
- Cess Circulars
- Compensation Cess (Rules) Notification
- Compensation Cess (Rates) Notification
- CGST (Rates) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rules) Notification (Effective)
- CGST (Rates) Notification
- IGST Circulars
- IGST (Rules) Notification
- CGST Circular
- CGST (Rules) Notification
OF LAW AND JUSTICE
Dated : October 30, 2006
INDIAN TELEGRAPH (AMENDMENT)
No. 3 2006
Promulgated by the President in the Fifty-seventh Year of the Republic of India.
An Ordinance further to amend the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885.
WHEREAS the Indian Telegraph (Amendment) Bill, 2006 to amend section 3 of the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885, for providing support to the cellular mobile service in rural areas, besides the basic telegraph services, was introduced in the House of the People, but has not been passed;
AND WHEREAS Parliament is not in session and the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary for him to take immediate action to give effect to the provisions of the said Bill;
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of article 123 of the Constitution, the President is pleased to promulgate the following Ordinance : -
Short title and Commencement.
1. (1) This Ordinance may be called the Indian Telegraph (Amendment) Ordinance, 2006.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
Amendment of section 3.
(2) In section 3 of the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885, in clause (1A), for the word "obligation to provide access to basic telegraph services", the words "obligation to provide access to telegraph services" shall be substituted.